I am proficient in a large swath of IT related work, from development to administration of systems and servers. I am capable of setting up extensive networks and computer systems. I have developed many internal web-based intranet applications to increase office productivity for small to medium teams. I also like to work with my hands to build things, sometimes useful, sometimes just for fun.
In my role as Security Engineer, I am part of a small team managing IT security for the entire college. Responsibilities include firewall management, vulnerability research and remediation, email security, secure network design, and more. I also design and implement basic tools to help our small team manage a fairly large network with minimal resources.
My role at Pomona College is split between two groups, IT Security and AISO. Within the AISO role, my primary responsibilities are the implementation and management of security and system updates for the Jenzabar CX SIS software for the entire Claremont College Consortium. I work with the IT staffs of each of the colleges to ensure the systems are fully functional after merging custom modifications to the software during system updates. I actively develop and maintain internal scripts and web applications to increase the efficiency of our small team of IT staff. Security and system monitoring are important portions of my current role.
- Completed electronic transcript interface implementation for the 5Cs.
- Developed a secure internal web application to manage contacts, licenses, contracts, procedures, and user accounts.
- Developed a number of tools and reports for managing security on various Linux systems.
At Future Concepts my job covered many facets of the IT realm, including but not limited to both local and wide area network management, system building and integration, internal software development, operating system configuration and implementation, and many more specific tasks.
- Helped design, build, and maintain a fleet of networked public safety Command Vehicles and Operations Centers, both mobile and static.
- Developed integrated mission critical intranet applications for Time Tracking, Work Orders, HR Management tasks, Inventory Management, Contract Management, Purchase Requests and Ordering, and more.
- Designed and implemented a network and systems monitoring suite to prevent outages and disruptions to internal and external networks.
HazteK Software is a hobby site where I post simple desktop utilities that I have developed for my own personal use, but others seem to find useful. I see an average of about 3000 downloads per week and provide web support via email or through my comments section for people from all over the world.
- StorURL - A browser-agnostic bookmark manager
- TrueIP - A desktop IP change notification utility
- SMTP Mail Sender - A windows tool for sending emails via scripts